Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

What I'd like to see

Dana has a lighter side, but something still isn't right

Dana showed her lighter side, sort of, today.  But while she seems to be moving in the right direction, there is still something wrong with her line of thinking.

She talks about how she wants to tear her enemies face off, or turn her enemies to ash.  That's how she likes to fight the good fight.  But she realizes this isn't the way to go.  What she says, the direction she thinks is better, is just as bad, in my opinion:
One more person I convert, or, one more person I can get to see the light is one more person I don't have to fight.
Let me get this straight.  There is no meeting of the minds here, it's just the other side has to be won over to your side, or they have to be fought? I'm sorry, but that's pathetic.  No wonder our country is becoming more and more divided, due to thinking like this.  It's think my way, or get turned to ash.

In Dana's world, if you aren't condemning Palestine and lifting up Israel, you are anti-Semitic.  But I condemn both.  Israel is choosing to bomb civilians.  Palestine is choosing to hide it's weapons among it's civilians. Both are bad.  But to Dana, that makes me anti-Semitic, because it's okay to bomb "the terrorists".  I just don't see it that way.

It's the fact that there is no middle ground for Dana and most conservatives that makes out country so divided.  I say, stop.  It's not about converting people to your line of thinking, it's about learning to forgive the differences and celebrate the similarities.  Otherwise we will never work together, and that weakening of the country conservatives always talk about will come sooner than later.  That may be easy for someone who starts so close to the center like I do.  But we do have to meet in the middle sometime.  It is imperative to our country's survival.

No comments:

Post a Comment